Electronic Eavesdropping & Video Recording
Modern listening devices (bugs) and covert video recorders are tiny, powerful and easy to hide. Any conversation or action taking place can then easily be recorded with surveillance equipment.
We are able to install wiretaps, mobile and landline listening devices as well as hidden video camera and recording equipment.
All de-bugging, eavesdropping and discreet filming operations are carried out with the clients full knowledge and in accordance with South African Legislative requirements, including Act 70 of 2002, the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communication-Related Information Act.
Eavesdropping operations generally have three principal elements
- Pickup Device: A microphone, video camera or other device picks up sound or video images and converts them to electrical impulses. The devices can be installed so that it uses electrical power already available in the target room, this eliminates the need for periodic access to the room to replace batteries. Some listening devices can store information digitally and transmit it to a listening post at a predetermined time. Tiny microphones may be coupled with miniature amplifiers that filter out background noise.
- Transmission Link: The electrical impulses created by the pickup device must somehow be transmitted to a listening post. This may be done by a radio frequency transmission or by wire. Available wires might include the active telephone line, unused telephone or electrical wire, or ungrounded electrical conduits. Transmitters may be linked to an existing power source or be battery operated. The transmitter may operate continuously or, in more sophisticated operations, be remotely activated.
- Listening Post: This is a secure area where the signals can be monitored, recorded, or retransmitted to another area for processing. The listening post may be as close as the next room or as far as several blocks. Voice-activated equipment is available to record only when activity is present. Most recorders can record up to 12 to 24 hours of conversation between tape changes.
Our counter espionage or Debugging service use state of the art electronic detectors and sweepers, equivalent to those used by National Intelligence. A Technical Security Countermeasures (TSCM – Technical Surveillance Counter Measures) survey, also known as a “sweep,” is done by qualified, experienced consultants specializing in the field of detection. They can detect the presence of technical surveillance devices and hazards as well as identify technical security weaknesses that could facilitate a technical penetration of the facility.
To optimize your corporate security we include the following sweeps;
- Detection of wiretaps on Telephone Lines, Private Lines, Fax Lines, Extension or Incoming Lines and distribution facilities also knows as PABX or other Internal Call Distribution Facilitators.
- Detection of hidden cameras
- Securing of computer data lines
- De-bugging telephones and mobile cellular phones
- Eavesdropping Detection in Open Office Areas which may include Corporate Space, Offices and Boardrooms.
- De-bugging of your home and car.
- A physical examination of interior and exterior areas, false ceilings and heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and ventilation systems for evidence of eavesdropping.
If you have the slightest suspicion there are unknowns related to your business, contact us now for a Surveillance consultation.